Thursday, February 16, 2012

Wednesday 2/15: Curry!

I was woken up around 9:30am by someone ringing the doorbell and Dunja barking like crazy. I jumped out of bed and ran downstairs to sign for a package that was being delivered. I think I was still somewhat asleep! Then I headed back to bed and slept for 2 more hours! I slipped downstairs to have breakfast and Alison didn’t wake up until a little past noon! We stayed up late last night and we were both (clearly) tired!

This afternoon we hung out and I finally received the pen pal letters from the second school that was supposed to send them back in Jan! Unfortunately now we won’t have enough time to write back before the Feb break. Oh well, that’s life! But Alison and I had fun reading all the letters. It’s hilarious how the kids write and what they choose to write about!

Later this afternoon I made curry and naan while Alison showed me songs on youtube. She was picked up by Emmanuelle because Alison is now tutoring Emmanuelle’s daughter! It’s nice because they both live in Capbreton.

This evening I went to the gym again with Catherine. We had a good chat with a woman there who told us she had hosted two American students a long time ago and had really enjoyed it.

When we got home, we had an Indian dinner!! It was really funny, though, because they were all really confused how we could possibly be eating curry (that contained potatoes), rice, AND naan! Too many carbs! In my opinion it’s no worse than having just a big bowl full of pasta with cheese sauce for dinner! It’s just that we were eating three different kinds of carbs instead of just a lot of pasta! I really enjoyed the dinner, but I think they weren’t so keen on having the rice AND naan with the curry. Oh well!

Tomorrow is my last day of teaching until March 6th!!

No comments:

Post a Comment