Friday, February 3, 2012

Thursday 2/2: A Few Little Snowflakes…

I woke up hoping for snow, but no such luck. However, it was really, really cold outside (28ºF)! I had class with the 8 year olds this morning and we are still working on feelings… so we sang the song “Hello, how are you?” and played the tic-tac-toe game using my excellent drawings of smiley/frowny/etc-y faces. The teacher (who is subbing this Spring while the real teacher is out on maternity leave) helped out and while I was setting up the game, she quizzed them on the vocab. That was good because it gave them less time to start getting squirmy and noisy!

After lunch I bundled up and biked over to the other school. In 28ºF weather. Yeah, it was reeeeally cold. There were occasional snowflakes drifting down (you know the kind that look like they might just be accidents because they come at a rate of about 1/minute), which caused me to grin because it was SNOWING!!!

Both my classes were pretty exhausting today (especially the older kids who are seriously “bavards” …talkers… they just cannot shut up!) and I was so happy to be done at 3pm. I biked over to the cooking store nearby to see if they had any food coloring (so I can make pink frosting for my Valentine cookies), but they didn’t have any. They said that the organic food store would have some, so I risked heading out onto the highway and biked over there…they didn’t have any, but the lady suggested beet juice. I might go with strawberry juice instead… Then I took the long way home, biking slowly because the wind on my face made it feel like my nose might just fall off. I stopped at the post office and then came home and thawed out.

After tea with Margot and Catherine (and lots of chatting), Margot and I played cards until she had to go to tennis. Everyone was gone, so Ralf had informed me that a guy would be stopping by to possibly purchase a mat for the back of his car (that Ralf was selling online) and I was to show it to him and take the money if he did want to buy it. When the guy arrived, I did exactly as I was supposed to and I discovered that he was very chatty. It turned out that he was a horse dentist and before that he had been an airline steward, so he could speak English. We talked for a little bit while he tried out the mat and then ended up buying it. Success!

This evening I talked with my dad before dinner and then my grandma and aunt after dinner. Then I also got to skype with my mom and Jessie late this evening! Lots of good talking with family!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment