Friday, February 3, 2012

Wednesday 2/1: Pancakes and “Just Dance”

I woke up around 10:45am today (after having woke up several times during the night to look out the window to see if it had snowed…it didn’t), but just read in bed until Alison woke up at 11:30am. It was so nice to just lie in bed and not have to think about class prep or hurrying anywhere. This 4 day work week is just so brilliant…it’s going to be depressing to go back to the US! :p

When we got up, I made pancakes and Margot, Catherine, Alison and I sat down and devoured them for brunch! I was hoping that making pancakes would encourage the snow to arrive, but no such luck. At least the pancakes were yummy!

Then Alison and I headed back up to bed where we watched the movie, “Paul.” I loved it just as much seeing it for the second time and Alison seemed to know (and love) every actor in the movie! She’s now a fan.

This afternoon I drove Margot and Alison to the store where we got all the groceries for the week. Catherine isn’t feeling too well, so I didn’t want her to have to think about grocery shopping. When we got home, Margot and Alison played “Just Dance 3” (a game involving dancing along to a person on the TV with a remote in your hand that tracks your moves) while I went upstairs to skype with Mark. When I came back downstairs, Claire and Maïtena (a girl in Claire’s class at school) were over playing “Just Dance 3” as well. I joined them and was even convinced to dance 3 times—and somehow I managed to win all three times! Crazy.

After we all had tea, madeleines, and chocolate, Catherine and I made soup for dinner. She left for the gym and I finished it up before hanging out with Alison and comparing American candies to British candies.

We had alphabet pasta in our soup tonight…I don’t think I’ve ever had that before! It was purchased especially for Alison because one of the first times she ever came over, she mentioned that she liked alphabet soup and then Catherine has been waiting for the right time to make it!

I drove Alison home tonight and once again listened to classical music…it really makes the drive seem more epic.

Today I got packages from my parents with all the Valentine’s Day supplies I requested for my classes! And the good kind of toothpaste from home… ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment