Sunday, February 5, 2012

Sunday 2/5: Relaxing in SNOWLESS Tyrosse.

Still no snow. And now there’s little hope that we’ll be getting any. Saaaad!!! And they were so sure that we’d get some today….

I had a nice, relaxing day involving lesson planning, some reading, watching some videos online, and a good 2-hour nap! It wasn’t snowing outside, but it was cold, rainy, and really really windy! I had signed up to volunteer at the school’s garage sale fundraiser today, but they called me on Friday to say that they had to postpone it because of the weather. Kind-of a bummer since we never did get any snow today! And I was really looking forward to helping out there and meeting more people! They might do it on March 25th, but that’s pretty far from now…

I spent some time chatting with Catherine by the fire and then there was a break in the rain, so Margot and I went out to play basketball. There was a game of soccer going on already (there are soccer goals on the opposite sides of the basketball court), but we just shot around at one of the hoops and the game continued around us. Unfortunately we were both lousy shots today and, as it was also really cold, we gave up after about 30 minutes.

This evening I helped Catherine make dinner: mashed potatoes, gravy, peas & carrots, and meat for them. I brought down my last can of cranberry sauce and we ate most of that! It was delicious and I was so hungry as I hadn’t eaten much today.

It is supposed to be cold and sunny all week, which is better than rain, but not as good as snow!

Photo: Another beautiful view from my bedroom window...

No comments:

Post a Comment