Sunday, March 11, 2012

Friday 2/17-Monday 2/20: Catching Up...


Well...it has been a while. I haven't been posting because, well, my hard drive went on strike and (after much confusion and a few visits to the Mac store in Paris) I ended up buying a new hard drive! Hopefully I'll be able to get all of my info off the old one when I get home. In any case, there's my excuse!

I don't think there's any way that I'd be able to catch up for all the days that I missed, so I'm not even going to try! I'll just give a little summary of what happened during the vacation and during my first week back to school.

On Friday night (2/17), I took the overnight train up to Paris so I could meet Mark at the airport when he arrived the next morning. We spent three nights in Paris, staying in a cheap hotel near the Gare de l'Est.

Photo: Sacré Coeur

During the days we spent a lot of time walking around, just wandering.



We headed up to Sacré Coeur (the beautiful, white cathedral on the hill), spent quite a bit of time around the Opéra Garnier, saw the outside of the Louvre, stopped by the Moulin Rouge, and made sure to have a little visit to the La Tour Eiffel.


Photo: Near the Opéra Garnier










Photo: By the Louvre museum













Photo: Outside of the Moulin Rouge










Photo: La Tour Eiffel!!!



We managed to find a movie theater that was showing the new Sherlock Holmes movie in English with French subtitles, so we ended up seeing it on Sunday night!

On Monday (2/20), we met up with our friend, Marina, who was an exchange student from Germany at WOU last year. She's living in France for a few months, working as a nanny for a family that lives about an hour out of Paris! We all toured Notre Dame Cathedral and then went out to lunch at a little Italian restaurant.

Photo: Outside of Notre Dame


That evening, Mark and I got dressed up and went to see the newest French musical that was showing at the Palais des Sports in Paris. It was rather like a rock concert and the costumes were spectacular. It really reminded me of HAIR, actually! We both enjoyed it and ended up in the crowd up at the stage during the long finale!

Photo: Outside the theatre

No comments:

Post a Comment