Monday, March 12, 2012

Wednesday 2/29-Sunday 3/4

Mark and I relaxed for the next three days (Wed-Fri), playing some basketball, doing a lot of laundry, and playing cards with Margot.


Photo: Mark and I bought Margot a new basketball!













Photo: Playing Palace







On Friday we went to the beach in Capbreton!
We were lucky to have lovely weather and we took advantage of it to spend a little bit of time on the beach.

Photo: In Capbreton













Photo: Rocking the red shorts










Photo: We got ice cream!!



We didn't get to stay too long, though, because we wanted to make it back in time to see Margot's tennis match .
She's really good! Way better than I am!



We took the overnight train up to Paris on Friday night and arrived at 7am on Saturday (3/3). Since we had a little bit of time until the Mac store opened, we walked all the way there from the train station! The guys at the Mac store were really nice and (after instructing me to go to the store across the street and purchase a new hard drive) agreed to install my new hard drive for free! So kind of them!!

We spent the afternoon wandering the Père Lachaise cemetery with Laura, a friend I met when I was studying in Angers! She's also doing the Teaching Assistant program, so we decided to meet up for the afternoon!

Photo: Laura and I at Père Lachaise






We had fun seeing all the quirky gravestones and chatting as we wandered through the super confusing "streets" between all the graves.

Photo: Mark in front of Jim Morrison's grave

Then, later, we met up with Candice (and her two cousins, who were visiting from the US) and we all had lunch at a little café.

Our last day in Paris (Sunday, 3/4) we finally had bad weather. The whole rest of our trip was blessed with amazing weather, but finally the rain hit.

Photo: Our hotel refrigerator for our picnic food...

So, we just hung out a lot and ended up ordering pizzas and watching some movies (that we had planned to watch together during the trip, but up until then my computer had been broken, so we'd been unable to do so). It was nice to just relax as we done so much walking the day before.

I said goodbye to Mark at the airport on Monday morning and he spent the next 24 hours getting all the way back to Sacramento. I spent the next 5 hours hanging out in Paris, waiting for my 5 hour train back to Tyrosse. I was so exhausted (and sad) by the time I got home, all I wanted to do was crawl into bed and pass out. Well, it turned out that Ralf's favorite soccer team was playing that night, so there were a whole bunch of people over to watch the match! Catherine had made chili and everyone was hanging out. I managed to hang out for a little bit (and eat some delicious chili) before saying goodnight and heading up to bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment