Monday, March 12, 2012

The weekend: Saturday 3/10-Sunday 3/11

This weekend, the twins have their German friends here. They are part of an exchange program at school which sends the French students to Germany for 10 days and then the German students come here for 10 days! Since they stay at their school during the week, they'll only be here for the weekend...which is kinda nice since I'm sharing a bathroom with them all. :p
Yesterday (Saturday) we all went to lunch in Hossegor, at the coast.

Photo: My lunch--A salad with grilled goat cheese and a Roquefort flan...which I gave to Ralf, as I'm not a huge fan.

After lunch we took a nice walk on the beach (well, the boys headed off to do their own thing) and I ended up doing handstands and cartwheels with Margot and her friend, Lou-Anne.

Photo: My Host Family!

It was such a lovely day (about 60 degrees) and I am so looking forward to when it gets a little bit warmer so we can go swimming! You see, I wouldn't mind swimming right now (because already it's better than in Oregon), but here they aren't really used to having to be numb to go swimming...so we'll just wait a little longer! :)







Photo: My cartwheel buddies












On Saturday night I got to skype with a bunch of my family as my Grandma, Aunt Barbara, Aunt Sally, and Uncle Ed were all over at my house for breakfast! It was so wonderful to get to catch up with everyone and to SEE them! I even managed to get a few pictures! :)

Photo: Beautiful people who I miss!



On Sunday I picked Alison up in Capbreton in the early afternoon and brought her back so she could be here for the rugby match between France and England.
Everyone was really excited about it (Margot and Catherine painted their faces with blue, white, and red) and we all watched the match together. England ended up winning (Alison was thrilled, everyone else was super bummed...I didn't care much either way) by two points, 24-22.
Photo: Watching the game--you can see the expressions on the French fans... Alison's thumbs-up is just popping in at the bottom of this picture

After the game, I spent the next few hours making pizzas (with the help of Catherine and moral support of Alison)--it ended up taking quite a while in a oven that only works on the top... But, in the end we had three large pizzas, three smaller pizzas, and one small loaf of pesto bread! Everyone loved the homemade "American" pizza and it all was eaten (except the bread, which we're saving for dinner on Tuesday)!

Photo: Enough pizza for an army (and apparently we had an army here...there aren't any leftovers!)


No comments:

Post a Comment