Thursday, November 10, 2011

Wednesday 11/9: “Bump”, Scones, and I’m still sick. :(

Ugh, still sick. I slept in until 10:30am this morning, but was still really congested and not feeling so great. I had a small breakfast and then decided (since it was really sunny and probably about 70 degrees) to walk downtown to get a baguette for our lunch and some bar soap (because I’m out). It was a leisurely walk and the fresh air made me feel a little bit better.

Photo: Baguette!

I also realized that it was the first time I’ve been into a pâtisserie (pastry shop) in Tyrosse! Eep. I never need to buy bread because there’s always plenty around the house and I have been saving my money, so I haven’t gone out for any pastries (except the one time in Bayonne). I think it’s good, though, because it would be a lot worse if I was addicted to pastries!

When I got home, I rested for a while and then Alison texted me. She was leaving the high school, so I decided to walk to meet up with her. Margot wanted to come, so I brought her and Dunja along! We met up with Alison and then decided to go over to the school to shoot around on the basketball hoops. I wasn’t sure if I was really up to it (since my head wasn’t feeling so good), but I decided to go anyways. Margot taught us a shooting game called “21” and then I taught them “Bump”—the middle school classic. We didn’t really play Bump, though, because it was time to go home to make lunch (and because there were only 3 of us).

I put the leftover gratin (casserole) in the oven and then we waited for Catherine to get home from work. She was really late (45 minutes), so we just ended up lying around in the living room watching a TV show and talking. I was so tired, I didn’t feel like moving.

After lunch, Alison, Catherine, and I made scones! It’s kind-of a nice Wednesday tradition, really. Too bad I didn’t have any clotted cream or lemon curd to go on top… thanks a lot, Airport Security. :(

During the afternoon, Alison and I just hung out and talked in my bedroom and then ended up watching 10 Things I Hate About You (her suggestion) and lazing about. Very necessary, as I was feeling downright crappy.

We had green beans with tomato sauce (and they had meat) for dinner, with cheese and bread, and a pear for dessert. The pears are so delicious right now—I could probably eat them all day!

After dinner, I had to prepare for tomorrow’s classes. Alison and I had some fun looking through the packets I’d been given by the school. There were some pretty funny posters…

Photo: Such useful flash cards!





Photo: What IS this supposed to mean??


Tonight we watched the show “France a un incroyable talent” (basically average people come and perform some sort of talent in front of three judges who decide if the talent is incredible or not). The best was a guy who dove from 6 stories high, into a fairly small pool—it looked pretty terrifying.

Alison is staying over tonight, but we made up Lucas’ bed (the twins are away at school) so she can sleep in there instead. It seemed like a bad idea for her to stay in my room, as I’ve been coughing, sneezing, and blowing my nose non-stop.

Just one day more of teaching, and then the weekend! Right now it feels like I’ll never make it through 3 classes tomorrow…..

No comments:

Post a Comment