Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Saturday 11/26: A Not-So-Restful Night, A Very Restful Day….

Last night I didn’t end up going to sleep until 1:30am and then my alarm went off at 3:45am to wake up so I could celebrate Sinterklaas via skype. It was 6:45pm back in Corvallis where the Hommeses had just finished opening presents and reading poems for an early celebration of the Dutch holiday, Sinterklaas. It was great to talk with the whole family (including Oma, visiting from Maine!!), even though I was rather sleepy… I said goodbye at 5:00am and slept until 11am.

After breakfast, I returned to bed where I went on my laptop until about 1:00pm…at which point I took a two-hour nap! Yes, I was still tired…

This afternoon, I cleaned my room, sewed a bit, and then helped Catherine make dinner. We made a gratin (like a casserole) with potatoes and broccoli. Mmm!

Tonight I played another game of Scrabble online with my mom and Mark. This time, though, Catherine played on my team. She was appalled to discover that we play words without even knowing what they mean! She had fun anyways and she and Mark have already started teasing each other without even meeting for real! Can’t wait til he comes here to visit… haha!

My mom was the Scrabble winner tonight with Mark in second and Catherine & I in last place…

No comments:

Post a Comment