Friday, November 11, 2011

Thursday 11/10: SUN! SUN! SUN!

Alison had to teach class at 9am, so I got up at 8am to have breakfast with her. I didn’t feel so great, so I just had a cup of tea and we talked until she had to leave. Then I went directly back to bed to sleep for an hour. That helped (so did the hot shower) and I headed off to teach at 10:45am.

It was a fairly decent class (went by pretty fast) and I only sneezed a few times in front of the class. Then I had to go home to prepare a bit for my two classes at the other school and have lunch. Luckily it was very sunny and warm (in the low 70s), so my bike ride wasn’t bad. I just went slow and tried not to tire myself out too much.

My class at the other school with the CE1s (7-8 yrs) was pretty unpleasant, but I finally had a good class with my CM2s (10-11 yrs). Normally we don’t really get that much done in our 30 mins, but this time I used flashcards that had tape on the back, so I would pick one to come up and use the flashcards to make a sentence. Then they would copy down the sentence and I’d pick a new person. They really liked it and everyone was engaged! YES!!

After class, I stopped at the supermarket to get some shampoo and conditioner. It’s such a huge place—and it’s always interesting to see what foods I don’t recognize. Then I stopped at the post office to mail some letters… I forgot to mention yesterday that I GOT A LETTER from LaDonna! She sent me some old pictures she’d found of Tasha (and Brigid and Chelsea) and I from middle/high school! Great to see those! :)

When I got home, I spent the rest of the afternoon in bed, resting. My window was wide open, so the fresh air and sun coming in felt marvelous. My nose is still super runny and my head is just really congested, so I often have headaches.

I helped Catherine by making the salad for dinner (we had veggie pizza) and afterwards Margot asked if I would watch a movie with her. Since all I felt like was lying down, I figured I might as well. We decided on Home Alone 4 (which I’ve never seen), which was not so amazing. However, it was dubbed over in French, so at least I was getting some good practice. Though it wasn’t hard to understand.

I’m so so so glad it’s the weekend!!

No comments:

Post a Comment