Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Tuesday 11/8: Sounds like a blast!

I felt a little better when I woke up (probably because I got to sleep in until 9:30am) and I had bit of toast before heading to my first class. I had the 8-9 year olds and it went pretty well. Then I went home and did a little bit of laundry (handwashing some socks because I’m out!) and rested. I made a sandwich for lunch and then returned to the school at 1:30pm.
This afternoon I had three classes: one with the 10-11 year olds and two with the 7-8 year olds. In my last class (7-8 yr olds), I had them practice saying a little conversation. They could choose between “Hello” and “Hi”, then they asked each other “What’s your name”/responded “My name’s ____”, then they chose between “Good-bye!” and “Bye-bye!” I did a few examples by having a conversation with different students. Then I had the conversation between my two hands (each pretending to be a mouth) and they thought that was hilarious. So, I had them all use their hands and they repeated after me for the conversation. Everything was working well, so I then I said that I was going to pick two students to stand at the front of the class and do the dialogue. They did pretty well, so then I chose another two. We ended up going through everyone in the class—and it worked really well! I’ll have to try that in other classes!
When I got home, I had tea with Catherine and then she had to leave for work. She’d started some soup for dinner, so she gave me instructions on how to finish it. While I was waiting for it to finish, I cleaned up the kitchen. After I’d finished the soup and taken it off the stove, I decided to take Dunja for a walk. It was a lovely evening (finally, after all the rain!) and I decided that I could use some fresh air. Unfortunately after walking for about 5 minutes, my foot started hurting in the same place it was hurting while I was on vacation. Bummer. I went on the walk through the woods anyways, but I wish I knew what was wrong with my foot!
When I came home, Margot and Ralf were tossing a rugby ball in the yard, so I stopped to play catch for a few minutes. It was soon too dark, so we headed inside and Margot asked if I would play “speed” (the card game) with her. We played a few games and then I taught her the game “palace.” She really liked it and we played that a few times. I had to head to bed for a bit because I started feeling really sick (it’s definitely a head cold). My nose is now really runny and I have headaches off and on. And the throat still hurts. Ick.
For dinner we had the soup and bread and cheese (old gouda is my favorite!!). I watched the news with Catherine and Ralf, but left before any shows came on. Luckily there’s no school on Wednesdays! Tomorrow will be a relaxing day with scones and a visit from Alison!

No comments:

Post a Comment