Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Wednesday 11/16: Raviolis, Scrabble, and A Twisted Ankle

I slept in late today and after a small breakfast, I cleaned my room and the upstairs bathroom. It was sunny and breezy, so we opened the windows to air out the house. I guess Fall hasn’t arrived quite yet…

Catherine suggested that we play Scrabble, so we got most of the way through a game before it was time for lunch. Last time we went shopping, Catherine suggested we try raviolis, so we got two different kinds. We tried them at lunch and both were great!! It was a little weird to eat them without sauce, though, but Catherine said the sauce was on the inside. Oh well, they were still yummy!

Afterwards, Catherine took Margot to a friend’s house and I decided to go running with Dunja. My foot was feeling a lot better, so I figured I’d give it a try. It still hurt a bit while I was running, but not too bad. Unfortunately about 15 minutes into the run, I twisted my ankle. Bummer. I walked for a while, but when I tried to run again, it hurt too much. So, I just walked home. I guess I’ll be resting both feet for a while… So typical.

Later we had tea and finished our game of Scrabble (and I actually won!!) before Catherine had to head to work and I went upstairs to prepare my lessons for the rest of the week.

Around 7pm, I started dinner (Catherine gave me instructions before she left) and then watched a little bit of “Dr. Quinn, Medicine Woman” with Margot. It’s on nearly every night before dinner and I find it pretty amusing…especially as it’s translated into French!

Tonight we had green beans with marinara sauce (and meat for them, a veggie burger for me), bread and cheese, and a mandarin orange for dessert! Mmm! After dinner I worked a little more on lesson plans and then watched a French TV show called “Fais Pas Ci, Fais Pas Ça” with Catherine and Ralf.

I really like having Wednesdays off. It makes the whole week so manageable! Two days of work, a day off, two days of work, two days off… excellent!!

No comments:

Post a Comment