Thursday, December 1, 2011

Wednesday 11/30: Happy 61st Birthday, Papa!

Today my father turned 61! I wished I could have been there to celebrate with him, but instead I sent many happy thoughts his way!


I woke up to sun this morning and spent a little while lying in my bed, just enjoying the blue sky and sun out my window. After breakfast, I did some laundry and then wrote letters while sitting in the sunshine.

Alison came over around 12:45pm, after her classes (the high school and middle school have class on Wednesdays) and we hung out until Catherine got home from work. Once we’d had lunch (I finished off the leftover cranberry sauce…mmm!), it was time to decorate the house for Christmas!!

In addition to their traditional family decorations (certain ornaments, stockings, cards, etc.), we put up festive window stickers and stencils. I have never spray painted windows before, but it was pretty fun!

Photo: Alison spray painting a stencil




We just taped Christmas stencils to the windows, then used a certain kind of window spray paint to put the shapes on the window! Beautiful (and fun)!! I turned on some Christmas Carols and we had a good couple of hours!

Photo: Margot hangs an ornament on our Christmas tree... "summer version"!



Once we’d finished, Margot, Alison, and I took a walk into town to pick up some glue for Margot and drop off letters at the post office. It was cold and clear, sunny, and the leaves were just perfect for crunching!

In the early evening, Alison and I watched “Death at a Funeral” while I made bracelets. Such a brilliant movie! We then helped Catherine make dinner (soup). Tonight Ralf made a fire again—it makes the room feel so cozy!!

Photo: The sunset through my Christmas window stencil!


Video: Stenciling!
Video: More decorating!

No comments:

Post a Comment