Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Sunday 12/11: Rice Krispy Treats and A Sunny Day at the Beach!

My voice is still not doing so great…and now I have a cough. I rested during the morning, returning to bed after breakfast. Around 1:30pm, Catherine suggested that we take the dog for a walk on the beach. Since today was sunny with blue skies, I was very happy to get outside! It’s been so gross lately, it was awesome to have a warm (about 60 degrees) day!

Ralf, Catherine, and I went to a beach I’ve never been to before (Seignosse) and we took a nice long walk. Dunja was so excited to run around and sniff everything! I had fun collecting cool shells and stones and wading in the ocean. The water wasn’t cold at all! Okay, it was cold, but not nearly as cold as it is in Oregon in July! I would have gone swimming, if I hadn’t been with my host parents. I think it would have shocked them too much!

When we got home, I taught Margot and her friend, LouAnne, how to make rice krispie treats! They sell both marshmallows (called “chamallows”) and rice krispies here, but they must be slightly different because the treats didn’t end up tasting quite the same. But they were still good and they were similar enough! The girls loved getting to rub butter on their hands and then scoop up the mixture to flatten in the pan! We had a lot of fun making them and eating them! (Catherine didn't like them, but the girls did!) Check out a video of the girls "cooking": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=741g1PO2khk&feature=youtu.be

After dinner tonight, I played SCRABBLE with Mark and my mom online! It’s so cool playing a game between people who are in three different places in the world!

No comments:

Post a Comment