Sunday, April 1, 2012

Sunday 4/1: Poisson d'Avril!!!


This morning I participated in a walk to raise money for a cardiology organization. The folk dance group had announced it last week and said that one could either participate walking normally...or on stilts! So, I decided to give it a try. And it was so much fun! The advanced group did a 6km walk and the beginners (me included) walked 2km through the woods.






This morning was overcast, but it was still really beautiful walking through the woods. And, despite there being many roots, sandy patches, and other misc obstacles--I didn't fall! Thank goodness! I am so excited to make myself a pair of stilts (with bigger platforms for my feet because my toes hang over the front of these ones) when I get home! And then I'll really start training!!



This afternoon I went to an artisan's market in Tyrosse with Catherine and Margot. There were some really cool things--and quite the variety! We saw blown glass jewelry, handmade baskets (we got to chat with the man who was making them...a real character!), cosmetics made from donkey milk (we met the donkey), made-to-order corsets, incredible chocolate displays, custom teddy bears, and much more! I didn't buy anything, but I did a lot of free looking.

Tonight for dessert we had strawberries and whipped cream.....summer is coming!!

*Although today is "Poisson d'Avril" (or, "April Fool's Day"), I didn't really do anything. Yep, it's the first year in a while that I haven't cut out paper fishes and stuck them to people or their belongings (as is the French tradition). Maybe it's because I'm actually in France now and no one else was really doing anything... oh well!

No comments:

Post a Comment