Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Tuesday 11/15: The Last Orchard Bar.

Today I woke up to rain and wind. Ugh. Seems Fall has finally arrived here. I grabbed a bowl of cereal before heading to my first class with the 8-9 yr olds. The teacher wasn’t there today, so there was a substitute…but she was doing something else outside of the classroom while I taught. So, the students weren’t as well behaved. It wasn’t too bad, but I tend to spend more time trying to get them to be quiet and listen. We worked on the days of the week, so I had them sing a song (one that I found online) and they did an art project as well. Not too bad.

I came home for lunch, but never ended up eating as I had a skype date with Crystal (to discuss her potential visit during Christmas break) and then I had to prepare some things for my afternoon lessons. I completely forgot to eat lunch until it was too late. So, I was rather hungry during my classes this afternoon. Luckily I had my last Orchard Bar (that I brought from the US) in my bag, so I had a little snack halfway through. Those things are so delicious! Too bad they don’t exist here.

I taught three more classes in the afternoon and two of them went fine, the other one was exhausting. It’s 11 students and we have class in the little school library… They really don’t understand English at all (they’re 6-8yrs old) and they aren’t good at listening. Today they were having trouble sitting still and most of them wouldn’t stop talking! Argh! It really doesn’t help that their class is directly after lunch recess…

I made a sandwich when I got home because I was terribly hungry. When Catherine got home from work, we had tea and chatted for a while.

We had an omelet for dinner and I made a green salad. Hugo is still home from school sick, but I think he’s heading back tomorrow morning. Tonight I came downstairs and noticed that Catherine and Margot were watching “Billy Elliot” on TV! I haven’t seen it in ages, so I watched it with them. Such a great film. Afterwards I showed them a clip from the musical (“Electricity”)—the story is even better with music. In my opinion…

Tonight I got to skype with Mark! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment