Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Sunday 11/27: Thinking of Home…

I definitely slept in this morning! After breakfast, I spent a few hours preparing classes for this coming week. It’s good to know exactly what I’ll be teaching, although I will have to wait until tomorrow at school to make all my photocopies.

When I was done, I turned on Christmas carols in my room and sewed… listening to my Christmas music makes me think of home and how much I am going to miss celebrating with my family and neighborhood this year. I have a feeling that it’s going to be the hardest part of this whole experience. There are so many holiday traditions I love being part of…Christmas caroling, the Winter Ball, the New Years party, playing board games (or having a leaf fight…) on Christmas day, Christmas Eve at my Grandma’s house, baking cookies, Dutch Babies and hanging out on Christmas morning, walks through Willamette Park, sometimes a dusting of snow (and the dressing up that ensues), neighborhood pancake breakfasts, and so so so so so much more!!! However, I have no choice in the matter, so I will have to do my best to enjoy my holidays here. (Although I would be very much okay with skyping frequently…)

Since I had spent a lot of time inside today and yesterday, I decided to take Dunja for a walk in the woods. It was the first time I’ve worn my winter coat—today was cold and the air smelled of wintertime. I love that smell!


Photo: Walking in the woods...







Photo: Enjoying the Fall colors...





We had leftovers for dinner and afterwards we watched a tennis match (between a French guy and Swiss guy…the Swiss guy won) and I sewed.

Tomorrow…back to classes. I cannot believe there are only 3 more weeks left of school before Christmas break! Crazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment