Sunday, December 11, 2011

Tuesday 12/6: Happy Sinterklaas!

Happy Sinterklaas! Today is the Dutch Christmas holiday! :)

In my last class today (with the 7 yr olds), I had them come up to the board and have a conversation using finger puppets. It was just about the cutest thing ever. They were so excited to have a turn being either the monkey or tiger (which they have a lot of trouble saying… “tee-jer”) and the best part was watching them try to say their age (I would write the age of the monkey/tiger on the board…and it would change each time) and use their fingers to count. They would always become perplexed at how to count with a puppet on one of their fingers. Hilarious! Afterwards, the teacher told me how impressed she was that even the really shy kids raised their hands to come up and talk. I think it’s the puppets that make all the difference (thank you, Mama!!).

It’s been raining and stormy (high winds) all day and all I feel like doing is staying curled up inside! Which is kind of nice, really…

No comments:

Post a Comment