Sunday, December 11, 2011

Friday 12/9: Christmas Carols and More Stilts!

Early start today…I am always thankful that I have the best-behaved class first think in the morning on Fridays. It is easier to get up when I know that I won’t have to deal with a rowdy class.

I had a break before my next class, so I went home to quickly make a worksheet (for the next class) and I also went to the market. I wanted to get some apples (because I know Catherine really likes the ones from the market) and I also just enjoy walking through the stalls! I didn’t have very much time, though, so I hurried back for my class.

It’s amazing how my class of 9-10 yr olds won’t even calm down and shut up when we’re learning Christmas words. I had to threaten them that if they didn’t stop talking, I would just stop and they would copy the numbers 20-50 into their notebooks. Luckily that worked (mostly) and we were able to finish without them talking excessively. Grr.

After lunch, I had the younger classes and we sang “We Wish You A Merry Christmas,” learned 5 Christmas vocab words, and colored a picture of Santa on his sleigh, pulled by reindeer (Rudolph at the front). In my later class, I told them the story of Rudolph (they had never heard of him) and afterwards, while they were doing the coloring, I noticed that one girl had determinedly put red noses on every single one of the reindeer. Yes, it was pretty awesome: an entire herd of Rudolphs! I may have cracked up a bit…

Margot and I had tea, then I hurried to the post office to mail some Christmas packages… ;) When I got home, I read until it was time to go to folk dancing.

As soon as we arrived, I got back up on the stilts! I love that feeling! It only took a minute to re-accustom myself to the way you have to walk (not moving your ankles at all, keeping your legs straight and lifting your knees). Aurélie offered to take a picture, so I gave her my camera (and she took a video as well)! I got to dance one dance on my stilts (the easiest one) and I didn’t fall over!! Success!

here's the video in better quality on youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ndTaXQaSPAY&feature=youtu.be

Tonight was a long practice because the guys were there again. We danced all sorts of dances until 11pm. And, at the end, I asked if I could borrow a pair of stilts for the Christmas vacation. They said yes! And now I have a pair of stilts in my room, just waiting for me to strap them on and most likely have a spectacular fall……

Today I received 2 MORE books from Maria! “The Hunger Games” (a trilogy)—which I am super excited to read! YAY!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment