Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Wednesday 1/11: Getting Some Much-Needed Rest

I really needed a day like today. I slept in until 11:30am and then fell back asleep until 12:45pm. I think all those late nights with Maria caught up with me! It felt good to have no plans and to just rest.

Margot had a friend over today, so we all ate lunch together and then they accompanied me on a walk with Dunja. We went exploring in the woods, played catch with the basketball (while running down the road…it’s tricky), climbed all over the monkey bars in the woods, and tested our balancing skills by walking across a pipe that went over a stream. It felt good to be out in the sun and cold air.

I spent the rest of the afternoon/evening preparing for classes and writing thank you letters (which I’m very late at writing). But, they will be very well decorated, thanks to my sweet marker set!

After dinner tonight I got to talk with my parents, which was really nice because it’s been ages! I’m feeling pretty good (despite wishing Maria was still here) and my sickness is nearly better…and the pink eye isn’t very bad, so that’s a pro!

No comments:

Post a Comment