Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Saturday 1/7: Fun!

Ah, sleeeep! We woke up to my phone ringing at 11:27am and I answered it to find Isabelle (the lady from folk dancing) inviting me to go to Spain with her tomorrow. However, I had already invited Alison to come over so we could go see “Intouchables” at the cinema, so I had to decline Isabelle’s offer.

Maria and I lounged around and didn’t end up going down for breakfast until noon. How lovely to be so lazy! ;) Catherine showed Maria her incredible English book collection and lent us each a Janet Evanovitch book, which she says (and I’ve previously heard) is hilarious!

This afternoon we played cards with Margot and then made some scones for tea. Isabelle (the friend who came to the Thanksgiving and Christmas dinners) and Alexandre (her baby) came over this afternoon and we all had tea with scones and clotted cream and jam! They’re all hooked on clotted cream now… just like me!

Photo: Maria and Margot playing cards


Afterwards, Maria, Margot, and I goofed off with Maria’s camera, making slow-motion videos and taking funny pictures. Then we moved to “photo booth” on Maria’s computer, which lets you take funny pictures of yourself and has different features, which mess up your face! It was hilarious—Margot loved it!



Photos: Some examples of our photobooth fun!


Tonight we all squashed into the kitchen to make one of my favorite dinners: a potato/broccoli/ cauliflower gratin.


It’s so fun cooking together—all of us working and joking around! I’m so glad Maria’s here to get to know my host family…and for them to get to know her!


Photo: Cooking together!




Photo: I love my host family!!

After dinner (which Maria loved), we skyped with the Hommeses for a bit. Then we watched “Return to Me” with Catherine (while nibbling on a Swiss chocolate bar…thanks to Uncle Jim and Aunt Heidi!), who loved the film!

I can’t believe Maria will only be here for two more days… it’s going to be so hard to have her leave!!

No comments:

Post a Comment