Sunday, January 15, 2012

Sunday 1/15: Nothing Much Going On Around Here…

Today I spent quite a bit of time lesson planning, writing letters, and skyping with Brigid and Maria. I also patched the holes in my jeans and mended a pair of Catherine’s jeans as well. She doesn’t know how to sew, so I’m glad I can be useful!

This afternoon I made soup with Catherine so that it’d be finished in time for the rugby match. I drove Ralf, Catherine, and Margot to the match and dropped them off so that they wouldn’t have to find a parking spot (and so they could have a few beers and not have to worry about driving home). The parking is absolutely mad outside the stadium—there are cars absolutely everywhere!

When I got home, Chantal, Pierre, and Claire were playing ping-pong in our backyard. I watched Chantal and Pierre finish their game and then played a game with Claire. I got her to say the scores in English, to practice. ;)

This evening I skyped with Brigid (with a pause to do the pick up at the stadium) and then Maria joined us as well! It’s hard to be so far from each other…I know we’re all really looking forward to living in Corvallis at the same time for a while!

Bonne Nuit!

No comments:

Post a Comment