Thursday, January 26, 2012

Wednesday 1/25: Y.M.C.A. and Housework

Finally, a beautiful, sunny day! And warm! It’s amazing how much that helps! I’m still sick, but getting some good sleep and doing some cleaning and laundry made me feel a bit better. I realize how much I prefer doing housework to teaching… I feel like I’m good at it and I am efficient and I enjoy it. So, today felt pretty productive.

I also spent a lot of time working on lesson plans. Catherine was talking about how she uses the song “YMCA” to get her students (adults) to remember how to say the letter “Y.” Since my students have a problem remembering it as well, I thought… why not teach them the song?! So, I worked today on finding some good songs to make another CD for my classes. I ended up with a bunch of good tunes (for varying levels) such as: We Are Family, B-I-N-G-O, Hello Goodbye (the Beatles), and I’m A Little Teapot!

This evening I hung out a bit with Margot (we had a good time dancing to YMCA) and headed up to bed early.

No comments:

Post a Comment