Sunday, January 22, 2012

Friday 1/20: Not AGAIN!

I woke up sick this morning. Noooo! Runny nose, stuffed up head, feeling weak… I really didn’t want to get up and go teach classes all day! But, I hauled myself over to school for the first class (which went fine, despite me being somewhat out of it) and then returned home, where I just lied on my bed for an hour and a half. Then I went to my most difficult class, which (thank God) wasn’t as bad as normal. It was then my 2 hour lunch break, so I came home and lied in bed watching the movie “Paul.” I didn’t have any appetite, but I made myself a big cup of tea and rested until the very last minute, when I had to go teach the little kids in the library. I could tell at this point that I wasn’t in a good mood and I stopped the class every single time I saw someone talking and glared at them. Ugh. Then I had another break, during which I came home and talked to Catherine for a while and then went to bed for a bit. At 3:45pm I had my last class, which went okay… I read them a book about a chameleon that wanted to have his own color. I think they understood the basic idea of it!

When I got home, I had some more tea with Margot and then came upstairs and tucked myself back into bed. I stayed there until Catherine called me to see if I would help make dinner. I didn’t really want to move, but I went down and helped peel the potatoes. Then I went back to bed until dinnertime. I had already contacted Aurélie to inform her that I wasn’t going to folk dancing tonight.

Tonight was Catherine and Ralf’s anniversary, so they went out to dinner and the kids all ate at home. After dinner, Margot and I watched “A Series of Unfortunate Events” (in French). I like that movie better when you have Jim Carrey’s voices… but they did a pretty good job anyways.

I cannot believe I’m sick again. I have only been well for about 3 days! This time it better not last a full month like the last one. I don’t think I’m meant to work with children…

No comments:

Post a Comment