Saturday, October 22, 2011

Friday 10/21: MONTH ONE IN FRANCE!

Yep, today marks one month since I arrived in France! In some ways it seems like it’s flown by, and in some ways it seems like it’s been forever…

I taught four classes today and three of them went really smoothly. One of them (the 9-10 yr olds) was really rowdy and I just couldn’t get them to stop talking, moving, etc. It was exhausting!! And rather frustrating. Luckily my classes are only 45 minutes, so I only have to deal with them for that long. Then I get to give them back to their teacher! bwahaha!

Photo: A class of 7-8 year olds!


I was really tired today (I took two 30 minute naps between teaching), but I did manage to walk to the market to buy veggies and fruits for my host mom. I also stopped at the crêpe stand and got myself a crêpe with caramel! Delicious! My first crêpe since I arrived! :)

Photo: My crêpe!


When I got home from teaching, I found a big package had arrived for me from my Aunt Barbara and Grandma!! I was so excited! They sent me homemade Halloween cookies and jars of cranberry sauce! I (of course) devoured a bunch of cookies immediately, but I’m going to save the cranberry sauce for a Thanksgiving dinner I plan to make for my host family! THANK YOU GRANDMA AND AUNT BARBARA!! You really made my day!

During lunch, I was invited to go out to dinner with a bunch of the teachers. One of them, Laureline, offered to give me a ride to the restaurant (in Capbreton) and she picked me up outside the school at 7:45pm. It turned out that a lot of the teachers canceled, so it ended up being three of us: Laureline, Emmanuelle, and me. But, we had a lovely time! The restaurant was packed (there’s a bar outside as well) and the later it got, the more people arrived. Someone started singing rather loudly (and off-key) and I was informed that he’s a regular at the café and when he gets drunk, he sings. For dinner I had a lovely salad with some warm goat cheese on toast (really delicious!) and for dessert I had mousse au chocolat! I forget the name of the drink I had, but it was rum with fruit juice and fresh fruit—not too bad! Around 11pm, Emmanuelle drove me home. It was so fun going out and I’m sure it will happen again after vacation!

Tomorrow I leave for the UK until Nov. 2nd…I’m not sure if I will be posting on the blog, but I will be checking my email. So, if you need to get ahold of me, email!!

No comments:

Post a Comment