Monday, March 12, 2012

Teaching... Monday 3/5-Friday 3/9

This week at school I've been working with the 5th graders on their penpal letters with the American kids. Those letters (from the US) are pretty much the most hilarious things I've ever read! I don't think I've laughed so hard in a long time...

Photo: "I almost forgot I am asian"

In any case, the teaching went well this week and I'm feeling confident about it now. Perhaps that's because I was only teaching at the school next to me and it's the other school that gives me a lot of trouble... Oh well!

On Thursday I went to the other school because they were celebrating Carnaval (a little late, yes... they had to postpone it due to bad weather). So, instead of teaching, I just hung out (dressed up like a hippie) and helped the teachers when I could.


Photo: Some of my CE1 students





Photo: Some of my CM2 students



All the kids were dressed up in costumes--it was pretty much like Halloween in the US. They all lined up and we had a little parade down the streets--and through the huge supermarket!







Photo: Parading (I love the forest around here!)











Photo: Five Spidermans and a Buzz Lightyear...









Photo: "Saint-Pansard"

Then returned to the school where the 5th graders read out a list of the bad things they were blaming on "Saint-Pansard" and then they burned the version of him that they had made. It was pretty epic, really.




Photo: The burning "Saint-Pansard"... they even put some fireworks inside of him!


After that we all went to the playground and had crêpes that the parents had made. There were plates and plates of crêpes, along with some other traditional cakes. Mmm!

Photo: One of the three tables of treats!

No comments:

Post a Comment